Green pleads guilty in pot shooting death | News
PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- A man from Windham who shot and killed a man who was stealing marijuana plants pleaded guilty Friday to four counts including manslaughter and reckless conduct with a dangerous weapon.
Joseph Green was then sentenced to 10-years in prison.
Inside the Cumberland County courthouse the family of David Harmon told a heart wrenching story of a man who was broke and his home was being foreclosed on. In a desperate attempt to make money he decided to steal some marijuana plants. It's a decision that cost him his life.
"Why and how could someone kill over a plant? An illegal one at that. This is what i'm left with, not great memories of my brother but what a horrible death he had", Harmon's sister Pamela Aube told the court.
At the time Green felt he was protecting his property. His attorney says it's a decision Green now regrets.
Upcoming Events near Windham
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- This is Home promo featuring the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families