School bus involved in fatal Bridgton crash | News
BRIDGTON, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - A 74 - year old woman from Casco was killed when her minivan slammed head first into a school bus on Route 302 in Bridgton this morning.
It happened at 7-am on a busy stretch of Route 302 known as Packard Hill. A 1989 Plymouth mini van driven by Jacqueline Ingalls crossed the center line, hitting the small school bus head on.
The bus sustained significant damage to the driver's side. At the crash scene glass was strewn across the roadway and sand covered up gasoline that had spilled.
Ingalls died at the scene. The bus driver and 3 high school students were transported to the hospital.
" Any time you have a crash like this it's obviously serious and a very sad situation. Not a good way to start a work week", said Bridgton Police Chief Kevin Schofield.
The Superintendent of Schools tells us the students and the bus driver, 62-year old Blair Watson of Naples, are doing okay both emotionally and physically. The driver and 2 students were treated for minor cuts. The third students was taken to the hospital as a precaution. All 3 students were taken home by parents.
Upcoming Events near Windham
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date